16 March 2011

WHERE YOU GO, I'LL GO!

The first night we as staff resumed ministry in the red-light areas of Bangkok..

As we were taxiing down to Bangkok we hit bumper to bumper traffic, this made the butterflies in my stomach even worse. After two hours of sitting, we finally had arrived at the prayer center in Nana and as we prayed my confidence rose, and I felt bold and strong in faith. We asked God for a location and we all were in agreement and felt led to go to Soi Cowboy, so we jumped in a tuk-tuk and made our way.

On the way we continued to pray for specifics about the night and we again were in agreement to stand at the back entrance. The boldness I felt in the prayer center started to flee but I quickly reminded myself the reason I moved half-way around the world. We met two men tonight with totally different perspectives. One was polite and one was a bit harsher, one was from Europe, the other from the States, one against prostitution, and the other for. However, both traveling and both searching: one for a person the other for a “path.” It was an interesting night, we were able to share truth and at the same time refute and counter the stereotype of Christianity. Who knows where these men are today, God knows and I pray they call to follow up. The thing that encourages me most though is this: We specifically prayed for God to lead us in where we should go, to stand in the place where He would want us to stand, and meet the men He would have us meet. We met two men whom we got to enjoy two conversations with and challenge them in there thinking about love and about truth. No bended knees, however, who can discredit the seeds God plants? I pray that someone else will be there to water.