02 February 2011

PHNOM PENH, CAMBODIA

The MST Project staff took a trip to Phnom Penh, Cambodia over the weekend. We had a great time meeting new people and connecting with our friends there, despite only spending 24 hours total in the country. Even though our time was limited, we felt like we had a pretty productive trip. 

We were up and out the door around 5 AM Friday morning to catch the first flight out of Bangkok.
Upon arrival we had a meeting with a few local ministries who we partner with, which went great. Then, after lunch we conducted a training seminar. A training seminar's main purpose is to share the MST Projects's vision with those interested in who we are and what we do. This was the main focus of our trip to Cambodia, and it went great because the people who attended the seminar really understood and caught on to our perspective, vision, and our hearts for the project. I personally was thrilled about our time so far because this acted as my first official venture with the MST Project. After dinner and to end the training seminar we finished with a night of ministry in the red-light areas of Phnom Penh. 

I had mixed emotions. I felt tired from travelling, excited to do what I came to do, and a little nervous considering I had just arrived to the ministry two weeks ago without ever experiencing it firsthand before moving half way around the world. Although nervous, I had confidence knowing that The Lord was most pleased with my obedience to follow him into the "Heart of Darkness," and to be one of the few who will stand on the street corner to offer these men HOPE! Our two teams got to engage with quite a few men, talk to and listen to their stories. For me personally I didn't have the greatest night connecting like some of the others did, but I still love what I represent and do; even on a night where I might not realize just how powerful God was moving.

The night ended with intercession for the men we had just met. We arrived at our hotel around 2:30  AM, I was exhausted. Within seconds of hitting the pillow I was out cold only to wake up to anonymous wakeup call at 6:20 AM. Back up and at it, we were on the first flight back to Bangkok. 

We had a great trip. Thanks to all who were praying.